The four year bachelor degree courses were started by the selection of in order of merit of marks from the students who passed
thebasic education high school on May 1994.
1st Yr. B. Med Tech course = 38 weeks
(i) Teaching & Learning Methods
lecture and revision = 76 hr.
laboratory work = 56 hr.
class tests = 8 hr.
Total = 140 hr.
(ii) Course Out-line
- Inorganic chemistry
- Physical chemistry
- gaseous state, solutions, acid-base, surface and colloid, chemical thermodynamics, chemical kinetics.
- Organic chemistry
- aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons, stereochemistry, carbohydrates, amino acids and proteins, lipids.
(iii) Student Assessment and Evaluation
- weekly practical
- practical tests = twice a year
- theory class-tests = three times a year
- Only one examination at the end of the academic year.
Final examination will consist of
- one three-hour theory paper
- one two-hour practical paper