Departmental Aims & Objectives
To produce the qualified physiotherapists who will serve the community according to the needs of our country and to update and maintain the educational standards of the Physiotherapy at the International level.
At the end of B.Med.Tech course, the learners should BE ABLE TO:
- Have acquired requisite knowledge of medical conditions that can be treated by physiotherapeutic means.
- Use physical modalities safely and effectively.
- Demonstrate skill in performing therapeutic exercises.
- Attain the capacity of updating oneself by promoting self-learning and continuing education in order to keep abreast with on-going and changing trends of physiotherapeutic means internationally.
- Appreciate the importance of team work and be able to collaborate and co-ordinate with other health professionals.
- Be a competent, skillful and dedicated physiotherapist.
- Appreciate National health plan and health policy.
- Participate in primary health care as community physiotherapy.
To produce highly qualified and skilled Physiotherapists, educators, researchers in Physiotherapy in accordance with the National Health Plan and to update and maintain the educational standards of the Physiotherapy at the International level.
At the end of M.Med.Tech (Physiotherapy) course, the candidates should:
- have acquired knowledge relating to advanced physiotherapy treatment for conditions where physiotherapy is mandatory.
- be able to demonstrate technical skills and contribute more effectively and efficiently in the clinical practice and community based rehabilitation (CBR).
- develop human resources that would be able to lead further development of physiotherapy education and research.
- become highly qualified and committed physiotherapists who would appreciate the importance of team spirit and develop strong ties among team members and other health professionals.
To produce highly qualified personnel who are expert in Physiotherapy to be able to serve the country as competent physiotherapists with academic, clinical and research skills.
When completing the programme, the graduate will be able to:
- have morality and ethics in profession and research.
- solve complicated problems in academic and professional contexts correctly and appropriately.
- havein-depth knowledge and skills on physiotherapy.
- update contemporary topics in professionaland pre-clinic and clinical related researches and analyze and evaluate professional research
- have new knowledge and innovation contributing to professional and health care management.
- be responsible to own or team’s work in productive and effective manners and have leadership skills in research and profession.
- effectively perform national and international research presentations.